The Things They Put In Pesticides Will Shock You!Email this post to a friend.
Many people realize that pesticides are not good for our bodies however they don’t realize exactly how harmful these chemicals are. Just to give you an idea of how harmful pesticides really are, before you reach for that roach killer, here are few things you may not have known.
Inert Ingredients Not Required To Be Listed On Ingredients Labels!
According to the EPA pesticides and herbicides have both active ingredients and inert ingredients. By federal law pesticides have to list the active ingredient and the percentage of that ingredient on the bottle. However companies do NOT have to list inert ingredients on the bottle, they only have to state the total percentage.
It’s pretty scary to think what pesticide companies can put in their products without being required to divulge that information to the public. (http://www.epa.gov/opprd001/inerts/)
Inert Ingredients Include Many Of The World’s Most Harmful Chemicals
According to the state of New York, these “inert” ingredients are some of the most harmful chemicals on the planet. Not only have these chemicals been linked to nervous system disorders, kidney damage and serious long term health problems but also cancer causing carcinogens. (http://www.oag.state.ny.us/environment/inerts96.html)
The EPA has released a list of chemicals that are known to cause serious long term health problems. They can all be classified as “inert” chemicals when included in pesticides. Therefore, they are not required to tell the public that these harmful chemicals are in that pesticide you are buying.
The scariest part is “inert” chemicals make up most of the ingredients in pesticides.
Now imagine that you are spraying these chemicals that are KNOWN to cause serious long term health problems, all over your vegetables. The same vegetables that you are going to feed your family. Not only are you ingesting these chemicals when you spray them but now you are also going to eat them.
Even if you wash your veggies the pesticides are absorbed in the soil and every plant that you grow in that soil for years to come will have chemical residue throughout its leaves and fruit. You and your family will be eating cancer causing pesticides for years.
Now you think “it’s ok because we only spray these chemicals in areas away from the garden.”
Every time you spray these chemicals they are absorbed into the soil and washed into the water supply.
They are detrimental to ecosystems and harm everything in their path.
So the next time you pick up that bottle of RAID think about what exactly you exposing yourself and your family to. Why not try a more organic method of pest control?
- Pesticides Are Destroying Our Bodies! (Here’s Proof)
- Organic Gardening – Getting Started
- Stop Killing Bees! Our Lives Depend On It!
- Organic vs. Natural
- How Successful is Organic Farming?